Friday, March 11, 2011

This was my second set of a tray and cups that I made. My set of cups are modeled after Lynda Ladwig, she makes thin cups, and my cups are made thin as well. My set of tray includes nine cups. They are all five inches tall. But since on some of them I didn't add the bottoms they got a little bit dry, that when I added the bottoms, the tops shrunk a little bit more when they where fired. so on some of them the bottoms are wider and the tops are thinner. As you can see, my cups separate by two different glaze colors. although I used the satin white glaze, some of my cups where fired at different temperatures, which caused some of them to look like a light creamy brown. while others have a nice white color.
The thing that I like about my cups, is how some of them turned into a light brown creamy color. I think that's really cool!
The thing that I dislike about my cups, is how they are not all the same size, if I could change something about this process, I would have been more patient with  my cups, instead of wanting to get this project done.
One thing that I would change, is the way that I glaze my cups, if you notice, on my cups, you can see on some of them how it looks like they have a second coat of glaze at the top of the cup. The reason why that happened, was because when I went to put glaze on the rim; when I dipped it in, I put it in past the rim, that it made the glaze thicker, which makes it look like part of my cup has more glaze than the other. To prevent theis from happening, I am going to not dip my cup so far into the glaze next time.

The thing that I learned from creating this project, is that sometimes you cannot always rush through a project, because something can happen, and can go wrong. The thing that went wrong with my project, is that I was in a hurry to get my cups glazed, that when I was placing them on the counter to dry, two of my cups fell and broke, which meant that I had to go back and re-make two more cups, and this made my project go longer, because I had to go through the process all over again. To me, going through the process again, was a good thing, because it taught me to take things slow and just be patient with them, especially with life, because many times we rush through things, and they don't end up right, then you have to go back and re-do them again, instead of only having to do them once. Sometimes re-doing thing again teaches you a better lesson, then actually doing the project the first time correctly. Even though I had to wait for my cups for a little t\bit, to get fired, I was able to work on other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment